1. Hoarding literally means "the purchase of large quantities of a commodity with the intent of pushing up the price. An investor hoping to increase the price of a commodity can do so by leveraging his or her demand for it, and buying physical inventory as well as purchasing futures contracts for that commodity. Hoarding is basically no different than buying and keeping a commodity. However, if the investor's intent is to corner or otherwise monopolize a commodity, then it may be considered an illegal act." - Straight out of an economy dictionary.
2. We are planning to revisit the rates (most likely give them another 100% increase) on both IBs in the next rotation for all piece pulls.
3. A new ED burner is in the works, which will hopefully sink a large portion of ED in circulation.
4. ICs are not coming back as I've stated in multiple threads. IBs are not a "must" have item, if people didn't have the ED to buy for billions, people wouldn't be selling sets for those amounts in the first place.
5. Here are some ED stats from the server to give you a general perspective:
6,172,230,428,899 ED (6,1 Trillion) is currently available just via character inventory as standard stored ED.
In addition to that 6,1 Trillion, you have Coins, Certificates & Tickets amounting the following (as of right now):
There is 9,4 trillion of pure ED in circulation just amounting from character inventory and coins stored in said inventory, given the amount of people who store most of these items in the account bank, that number is likely much higher.
If you want to blame anyone, blame the people who are selling for that much, because they know well enough people can afford to cough that up. Let's not pretend we didn't have "what are these IB prices, the economy is dying, apocalypse is upon us" threads long before IC removal was even a thing.
I get that we are a private server, but what you don't factor in mind is regardless of being one - it costs about the same as being an official server to run, and on top of that most of the stuff that officials monetize is free here, factor also in the fact that we are 3 to 5 times cheaper and then you start seeing why keeping up Void afloat is not an easy task.
tl;dr - We are planning to double the IB piece rates and release a better ED burner than what is available as of right now which will hopefully gradually lower the ED in circulation and in turn decrease the rates overtime. In addition, we've been looking into the ERP issue to figure a doable way of giving those CD/MP stats back to PvE players so everyone can get better means of farming the tougher dungeons that were designed with ERP in mind.