JumperCzech

Regarding limited IM sales

79 members have voted

1. 1. .

• +1
    • +1 but... (comment)
    • +1 to discounts but don't add them permanently into IM for normal price afterwards
    • I don't care

Just wanted to point out a scenario from a market standpoint:
Let's say a pair of eyes is on sale for 100 ec this week. After that, they're 500 ec. What stops the hoarders from buying 1000 pairs of eyes that they can resell for say, the ED equivalent of 400 ec, or 300 ec, or 200 ec, as long as they're profiting? Sure, Void makes money from their instant sale, but people will potentially load less often because the resell prices after the sale ends are still cheaper than buying directly from the store. Void actually gains money when popular items are rare to get, because people load and sell the ec to afford them (example: formal attires before their rotation).

I'm not saying I don't support your idea, I do, but I think items need to have a certain rarity to keep prices high. Let's take your sale situation and change it up a bit. End the sale after a few days and choose 1 random new item to put on sale, on random days (there will be impulse buyers even if they're waiting for a sale). Rotate IM goods every few months, if not every half year to keep player interest fresh (would be good the month before ED burners rotate to provide a buffer towards the total amount of ED in circulation). This will create price fluctuations due to rarity and likely keep our economy stable while satisfying the public. Everyone's happy :D

13 hours ago, Venefica said:

Let's say a pair of eyes is on sale for 100 ec this week. After that, they're 500 ec. What stops the hoarders from buying 1000 pairs of eyes that they can resell for say, the ED equivalent of 400 ec, or 300 ec, or 200 ec, as long as they're profiting? Sure, Void makes money from their instant sale, but people will potentially load less often because the resell prices after the sale ends are still cheaper than buying directly from the store. Void actually gains money when popular items are rare to get, because people load and sell the ec to afford them (example: formal attires before their rotation).

I'm not saying I don't support your idea, I do, but I think items need to have a certain rarity to keep prices high. Let's take your sale situation and change it up a bit. End the sale after a few days and choose 1 random new item to put on sale, on random days (there will be impulse buyers even if they're waiting for a sale). Rotate IM goods every few months, if not every half year to keep player interest fresh (would be good the month before ED burners rotate to provide a buffer towards the total amount of ED in circulation). This will create price fluctuations due to rarity and likely keep our economy stable while satisfying the public. Everyone's happy :D

The main problem with that is that I'm not sure Void can change the IM content without maintenance. They probably can't actually. The fastest possible rotation is probably a week. 

The other thing is that indeed keeping things rare boosts up the prices, but there are other things to consider as well. More people are likely to load up for a 200m Formal Attire rather than a 700m one. 

And I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Are you suggesting to just rotate things more often? 

14 hours ago, Venefica said:

Remember that reselling doesn't work indefinitely. The piano poses, for instance, are basically extinct at this point. I could offer 2b on them and not get one - simply because for the chars I play, they don't exist anymore. They are 1-time use and untradeable after that, so reselling them doesn't work as well as with costumes. Formal Attires worked because they could just be traded at the little cost of a white seal. Poses and other customizations are gone as soon as they are used by somebody, and are therefore in increasing demand. 
If Void put these customizations back into the IM for a price many times higher than the original one, people would still BUY them. 5k for a piano? Gladly! 10k? You know what? SURE! 
The issue is that people have the money, but nobody has the items.