Wonho

Official GFX Contest(?)

-  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No~?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but i got more things to add. (explain)

Hello hello~

:syobonyanWave:

So like we all know how we got a lot of people who make GFX/Siggy shops right?

Why not make an official contest for that~ something like NA's just to appreciate them more tbh.

i heard there was already a suggestion for this.

People who join the contest can make things like:

-Desktop backgrounds examples from NA Forums(credits to their owners):

Spoiler

csAF0CU.pngEmKqrxu.pnggB7HcNW.png

qG5QsnZ.png

-Maybe login screens(?) [Idea from @PhysicsTM]

-siggys for our staff members

-Event and contest banners (Idea from @DoomBringer )

Umbrella_Animated.gif

For the prizes:

1st Place: 3,500 EC

2nd Place: 2,000 EC

3rd Place: 1,000 EC

maybe less depends on what the staff thinks since those were the prizes from NA's.

Umbrella_Animated.gif

you can probably use things from the official art to the fanarts people make but make sure you credit the people ofc~

:IgniaGrin:

@Mikastiel's idea/suggestions to things to fix for some reason i couldn't quote it here instead..

Spoiler

+1 because I love doing siggy and other things related to that, and a lot of people on the forum do that too.

But what I want to add is that the price must be higher than what you wrote, I know it's just an example and we aren't the one that sets the price but here is why I think that way :

If you compare to other contest, things like VD have a reward of 5k EC, and this contest is only a dress-up game. Something like siggy, banners etc ask more work than just dressing, even more if it's a wallpaper. I do GFX since almost 8 years and I can assure you that sometimes I can spend 2 hours on something that is only 600*600 for example.

So in summary :

• Higher the price

• Keep the thing you wrote about 1st place = higher EC, then 2nd, 3rd

• Maybe add Honorable mention ?

• Prices must depends on the size of the work - Wallpaper size will ask more work than a siggy size

• Only use official artwork, screenshots like said above for the same reasons

PS : I think some people mistakes GFX with actual drawing, like the void artist contest. It's not the same, GFX is more like montages of pictures and other resources that already exist and we use them to create a picture

Another way to earn free EC. why not.

+ how about a GFX event to make offical event banners/thread set. lul (the first place will ofc be actually use in offical event thread)

13 minutes ago, DoomBringer said:

Another way to earn free EC. why not.

+ how about a GFX event to make offical event banners/thread set. lul (the first place will ofc be actually use in offical event thread)

i actually had that in my mind but forgot to add it--

I like the idea, but I'm not sure about "using fanarts people make, just credit them" part. A lot of artists don't agree to use their artworks (especially if others can make profit out of their work). It may be troublesome to ask for permission and even more troublesome for the staff to check if this permission is legit. I mean, there's no fanarts in NA contest for a reason.

I'd stick only to official art, screenshots taken by yourself and art made by yourself.