JumperCzech

Add ED Shop items to Naeun (at least those where its possible)

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get it at an NPC?

• +1
  2. 2. Should the prices be adjusted for Void? (Stuff like pick up aura)

• +1

+1 there's plenty of ways to work around the ED shop. For starters they could change those costumes that Ekko offers and put something that's available for every goddamn character; slap the Fetch Aura in any npc with a proper/accurate crafting fee; add the character slot expantion somewhere we have a new character coming up and people would like to try it out surely. 

This idea was implemented by that GREEDY kog, i can't think of a valid reason to not have it here.

It'd be a necro to bump this thread, but somebody actually suggested this, got his thread locked immediately, and I remade it:

From what I've seen, I don't think Void wants to do this. Getting an ED shop for cash items means they'll lose out on revenue, and I'm very sure that's why they didn't bother to "fix" the "broken" ED shop that is "not working for Void". The original thread for this was locked within a few minutes, stating "we can't do it because technical difficulties", even though we clearly know Void can place any item for ED into Ariel, Naeun, or whichever NPC, making said reason absolutely irrelevant.

I'd love this, but I don't think they will look at this suggestion or implement it in a way we would want to see it.

2 hours ago, Archangel said:

It'd be a necro to bump this thread, but somebody actually suggested this, got his thread locked immediately, and I remade it:

From what I've seen, I don't think Void wants to do this. Getting an ED shop for cash items means they'll lose out on revenue, and I'm very sure that's why they didn't bother to "fix" the "broken" ED shop that is "not working for Void". The original thread for this was locked within a few minutes, stating "we can't do it because technical difficulties", even though we clearly know Void can place any item for ED into Ariel, Naeun, or whichever NPC, making said reason absolutely irrelevant.

I'd love this, but I don't think they will look at this suggestion or implement it in a way we would want to see it.

Small correction: the can add all non-instant use items.

I can understand why Void wouldn't want to fully implement all the ED shop items, but I would at least like the new ED character slots. People usually just make new accounts rather than buy slots anyway, so imo it would just be a quality of life thing for bank sharing, resonance level, etc.

It doesn't have to be cash shop stuff, anything that would be convenient for the players. For example, character slots and stuff. This SHOULD NOT be in the cash shop in first place, as it's there solely for convenience purposes. Honestly it's pretty silly for it to be locked away in the cash shop. As for other items, it could be consumables and possibly inventory expansion slots (since those were given away for free anyways). This could really benefit you when it comes to levelling alts, heck it would even encourage you to make alts, especially when a new event releases and you want to level an alt for fun.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, Archangel said:

and I'm very sure that's why they didn't bother to "fix" the "broken" ED shop that is "not working for Void". The original thread for this was locked within a few minutes, stating "we can't do it because technical difficulties", even though we clearly know Void can place any item for ED into Ariel, Naeun, or whichever NPC, making said reason absolutely irrelevant.

it's actually much simpler than this and it is indeed broken for the foreseeable future

to make it very simple, items in IM are very different from items that you can get from shop NPCs, even if they look similar/exactly the same even

for some easy examples that you may've noticed during gameplay, you never get a resurrection stone straight-up - it's always in a cube and you don't get the "item" itself; alternatively, we couldn't get job changes as items for a long, long while - probably for 3 years - while it's an all-you-can-eat buffet in the IM, etc - you can probably recall more examples of things working this way. so you can't exactly just drag over what once was in the ED shop over to Naeun in one finger snap.

do take this with a (huge) grain of salt since i'm not the dev - but i believe this is something observant players can spot themselves.

noted the suggestion anyway just in case 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

it's actually much simpler than this and it is indeed broken for the foreseeable future

to make it very simple, items in IM are very different from items that you can get from shop NPCs, even if they look similar/exactly the same even

for some easy examples that you may've noticed during gameplay, you never get a resurrection stone straight-up - it's always in a cube and you don't get the "item" itself; alternatively, we couldn't get job changes as items for a long, long while - probably for 3 years - while it's an all-you-can-eat buffet in the IM, etc - you can probably recall more examples of things working this way. so you can't exactly just drag over what once was in the ED shop over to Naeun in one finger snap.

do take this with a (huge) grain of salt since i'm not the dev - but i believe this is something observant players can spot themselves.

noted the suggestion anyway just in case 

You have things such as the pick up aura at nearly every second event these days though - you can place it in exchangeables, for instance. I understand that not every single item can work this way, but is it a reason to scrap the concept altogether?

Also, don't get me wrong here. I appreciate that staff is finally explaining shit to us instead of saying "no doesn't work" and leaving it at that.

2 minutes ago, Archangel said:

You have things such as the pick up aura at nearly every second event these days though - you can place it in exchangeables, for instance. I understand that not every single item can work this way, but is it a reason to scrap the concept altogether?

in this scenario you have the usual thing that's normally applied to suggestions - for something to be done it has to "exist" elsewhere first

basically, fetch auras and classchanges do exist as a separate items made by the officials quite some time ago - which is why we can reuse the concept elsewhere; the same is not necessarily true for some ED shop items unless there's also going to be a pre-made "actual" item for these as well - if that clears things up any.

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

in this scenario you have the usual thing that's normally applied to suggestions - for something to be done it has to "exist" elsewhere first

basically, fetch auras and classchanges do exist as a separate items made by the officials quite some time ago - which is why we can reuse the concept elsewhere; the same is not necessarily true for some ED shop items unless there's also going to be a pre-made "actual" item for these as well - if that clears things up any.

I understand the concept of that, I'm moreso asking why we don't have a "diet" version with only working items, then.

Just now, Archangel said:

I understand the concept of that, I'm moreso asking why we don't have a "diet" version with only working items, then.

and that's what the "noted" part of the post is for - if something's doable, we'll try to come back to it later. i do keep a list of suggestions i find interesting/potentially doable/generally stuff with potential, etc.

sadly you're also forced to suffer from the elsword development cycle, where it can take literal months if not years before a suggestion being noticed and implemented even if everything works out first try - slightly less so recently but it's still a long while.

going to vacate the premises of the thread, pretty easy to get carried away.

1 minute ago, JumperCzech said:

It should still be fine to add the items that exist outside IM like the costumes, no?

this is about where you'd have to ask an actual dev, not a bored shitposter

not going to comment since i don't know for sure either

maybe, maybe not