Lilu

[12/14/18] Christmas Update Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Aaregon said:

im a lvl 8 blacksmith and back then i spend like 6b on fluos. then another 6b on mithrils alone. welcome to the world of people who have no luck at all!

I spent 3b to +9->11 my dynamos and +10->11 my ara's wep.. D:

before I make the inevitable "what to craft/exchange for this event" thread:
By god.
Do you guys think I have a month, most of which is reserved for the greatest festivity of the year and time with family, to grind 999 shards?
For a +10?
Untradeable?
ONCE?

I want you to consider the following: 90 shards get you a +9 ammy. By waiting until after the event, you can get roughly 100m a pop (seeing how this was the case a few days ago), and you can get 11 of those in the time you get a +10. Additionally, you can get another 5 of those for the crafting fee.
So, in total, you have roughly 1.6b worth of +9s for the price of a SINGLE, UNTRADEABLE +10. How much do +10s cost these days? Eh, give or take 3b. 
I would much rather pay double the price for something tradeable that I don't have to gear and grind my ass off on another account for and get another PLAYER my money, instead of wasting my time and ED and did I say my time on a diet version of the same thing.

If YOU have time to grind 999 + 500m for an untradeable +10, then you sir, you also have the time to grind your ass off in the normal dungeons that people do without events (ex. Altera with 1m raw ED + Mithril Pieces drops (WHICH BY THE WAY ARE LIKE 3M NOW?), leading to a steady 4m for 2mins of your time), and buy yourself a tradeable +11 instead. Screw amulets on that regard, the drop rate for those are so abysmal that the ED to efficiency ratio is completely shit. Buy fluorites, get hammers, boom, +11. "muh buh RNG" yeah good luck grinding more, then. +11 ammys aren't cheap.

Okay, now that I have ranted enough, here's your solution:
Don't be an idiot.
Repeat the same thing you did last year.
Give us the free +10, like last year.
Don't downgrade your events so obviously that even the most blind kid can see it.
"M-muh but you can mail over gear!!"
first, no.
This is really fucking simple.
Just make it weapon-only.
Nobody fucking wants a +10 heroic/4D in this meta. 
"New players do"
New players shouldn't be what you worry about, the faster you gear them up and get them used to being strong, the faster they'll cash in to feed your wallets.
"bUt WhAt AbOuT tHe +11 AmMy"
it's armour-only. Do you know the difference between a 50% Enh and 55% Enh Skill damage Glove?
It's 5%.
Wow math.
It's really not a lot, you won't notice it in any dungeon except maybe Raid, and if you're in there, you're already geared to your teeth along with 7 others.
There's no harm being done in not making things autistically difficult.
Also, remove +8 amulets from your exchanges already, these aren't even worth 5m, anyone can get those by upgrading at a town blacksmith.
Stop baiting newer people into grinding for no reason wtf.

21 minutes ago, Wolfgang said:

Honestly? Right now, reading all of this complaining, you all seem hella entitled. Just wait to see the drop rates before complaining right away.

Everyone is entitled to give their own opinion. If the staff can't tell the difference between pure negativity and criticism then that's their own problem

I'm very good at saying something that can reassure you.

A friend of mine has acquired Void weapon on the first time of doing Add dung. On his second time, he got 15th apo stage. Then, he did +11 in 3 times.

:)

9 minutes ago, BillNye said:

why is everyone on here always so bitchy
all yall do is complain
its a good event stop being so butthurt
i do agree that the 999 shards is a bit much tho, other than that its a really good event idk what u guys expected
the +10 last year was only free cause of the ed wipe and to get alot of people back and playing again

I didn't really mean it's a bad event, after all rewards are good and Formal Attires are back, so bye bye 2b sellers. But the 999 stacks might be too much, and doesn't really help last time the +10 was free and this year is locked behind a grind event, but the excuse of "We don't want people sell stuff with the +10 ammy" doesn't work, specially when the Endgame requires at least a +10 and very good tears to do minimal damage to go by. 

30 minutes ago, Theetis said:

I believe the Winter Core requirements are way too high.

It's Christmas, people want to spend time with families and people they cherish the most, not sit in front of a screen, grinding the same four dungeons for two weeks straight!

Considering that last year, all you had to do to get a +10 scroll was to sit ingame for probably 15 minutes, this year's requirements become even more unfair.

This community is made of humans, who have a lot of work to do during this part of the year, not bots who can just endlessly sit and do their job for an eternity.

I believe the Frost Shard requirement should be lowered to 600-750 shards. If the staff really wants to keep the 999 requirement, then the drop rates definitely have to be a lot better, as the Halloween Chocolate Bar drop wasn't that good in the first place.

bless.

Also remove the 500 mil requirement  at the very least on the +10 scroll

10 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Just make it weapon-only.

while i'll take note of anyone's rants as usual, i think it's worth noting that this isn't a simple switch of "apply to armor: on/off, apply to weapon: on/off" - each and every amulet is an unique hardcoded item that may or may not function depending on seemingly nothing short of moon phase alignment and some quantum mechanics

you don't get a choice like this since the weapon-only version simply isn't functional - and there were a lot of things tried for the event in the previous few weeks including that one spicy double stability maint 

for example, there can be things like "Secret Dungeon Armor Only +10", or some odd "Lv50 Armor Only +9", etc (not necessarily functional items, just posting examples of what you could possibly find)

can't really offer you a scroll that doesn't exist/function even if i really wanted to

and the rest is "we'll see™" 

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

while i'll take note of anyone's rants as usual, i think it's worth noting that this isn't a simple switch of "apply to armor: on/off, apply to weapon: on/off" - each and every amulet is an unique hardcoded item that may or may not function depending on seemingly nothing short of moon phase alignment and some quantum mechanics

you don't get a choice like this since the weapon-only version simply isn't functional - and there were a lot of things tried for the event for the previous few weeks including that one spicy double stability maint 

for example, there can be things like "Secret Dungeon Armor Only +10", or some odd "Lv50 Armor Only +9", etc (not necessarily functional items, just posting examples of what you could possibly find)

can't really offer you a scroll that doesn't exist/function even if i really wanted to

image.png.c6843518cccfd82cf8c4f66b699e7f20.pnghelp

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

you don't get a choice like this since the weapon-only version simply isn't functional - and there were a lot of things tried for the event for the previous few weeks including that one spicy double stability maint 

But in the end, being hard to code or not she's right, the only sellable weapon you could sell is 4D or Heroics, and people barely buys that when you have the juicy Apo weapon to +10 which itself is untradeable. Sure, more people with +10's are a bad idea on PvP, but not on the PvE side. This would open paths to new raiders, and people who already did Rosso raid wants fresh people to get a chance to drop the weap or the accs. Hell, you even gave the mats to try to +11 our weapons too. It's not a bad idea to drop a free +10, since realistically talking, no new player has nor the time nor the interest to grind 999 mats and 500m.

Its a good event i loved it thank you to the staff <3

and about the 999 shard drama, i get the point that people can farm in different counts and send to the main, but i dont think it should be that difficult or expensive...since we have the holidays.

That +10 ammy craft was able to extremely make me hype, only to stop it a few seconds later when i saw those requirements.

Sorry but not today Void, gonna use my time better.

1 minute ago, AKC said:

But in the end, being hard to code or not she's right, the only sellable weapon you could sell is 4D or Heroics, and people barely buys that when you have the juicy Apo weapon to +10 which itself is untradeable. Sure, more people with +10's are a bad idea on PvP, but not on the PvE side. This would open paths to new raiders, and people who already did Rosso raid wants fresh people to get a chance to drop the weap or the accs. Hell, you even gave the mats to try to +11 our weapons too. It's not a bad idea to drop a free +10, since realistically talking, no new player has nor the time nor the interest to grind 999 mats and 500m.

^^^^

Even if it is hard to code, that doesn't mean that you have to put it hidden under a huge pay wall and time consuming process, its just stupid

Just now, igor199810 said:

Its a good event i loved it thank you to the staff <3

and about the 999 shard drama, i get the point that people can farm in different counts and send to the main, but i dont think it should be that difficult or expensive...since we have the holidays.

People actually can't farm the +10/+11

Given that we have until 4 of January to do the events and we're on the 14 of December, this gives us only 23 days of non stop grinding. Let's rest days 24-25 and 31 of December to 2 of January due to Xmas and new year's eve. This leaves us with 19 days to farm left. Considering the average run gives us 1 shard or 2 per dungeon if we're lucky (not counting the runs with no mats), getting 999 mats would require of roughly, 12 days of continuous farm. If you want another 999 considering the same luck, it would take another 12 days. In total, 24 days to get only two +10/+11, which would be nearly impossible to do unless you can go all 24 days straight and you have 1b to spare. And all of this not counting the mat drop is purely rng, meaning you could get the required mats sooner or in the worst scenario you could even not get 999 to begin with. 

Still think people can farm the +10/+11? With the numbers staff made, I don't know why they even fear of giving it fee tbh. 

4 minutes ago, AKC said:

and that's what the discussions threads are for - express concern about it, i'm bound to bump into it sooner or later, see how many people are having an issue with this, etc

at which point i may try to request the devs to jiggle the event around a little to see if we can do anything to improve the experience without making the server hang itself in the process

p much half the events this year were adjusted after the release at some point

relax, it'll be fine 

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

you don't get a choice like this since the weapon-only version simply isn't functional - and there were a lot of things tried for the event in the previous few weeks including that one spicy double stability maint 

It took me one google search to find that they do, in fact, exist. No, I can't give you an exact event, but the existence of the thread alone should suffice, not like I can look into the data and tell you where to find these, but they certainly exist.
https://forum.elsword.koggames.com/forum/elsword-game-discussion/marketplace/price-check/122629-p-c-10-weapon-only-amulet

I said this before, but I'll restate this: I don't want to necessarily make your job harder. I appreciate you being open with can be done/can't be done and why that is the case, that is something I very much respect you for in contrast to everyone else. So take my rants with a grain of salt, I'd like to help where possible, even if it seems pretty much like I'm trying to dig you a snowy grave after knocking you out with a snow shovel out of sheer frustration over the event requirements.

2 minutes ago, Archangel said:

It took me one google search to find that they do, in fact, exist. No, I can't give you an exact event, but the existence of the thread alone should suffice, not like I can look into the data and tell you where to find these, but they certainly exist.

do note that i didn't say they didn't necessarily exist - i did say function.

sure, an in-game icon does exist, but what worth is it if it's just an icon and nothing else?

also i feel inclined to edit that you should note that if a functional item appeared on officials at some point, it's nowhere near guaranteed to function here - we might've had a lot of event dungeons dragged over otherwise, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

do note that i didn't say they didn't necessarily exist - i did say function.

sure, an in-game icon does exist, but what worth is it if it's just an icon and nothing else?

also i feel inclined to edit that you should note that if a functional item appeared on officials at some point, it's nowhere near guaranteed to function here - we might've had a lot of event dungeons dragged over otherwise, etc. 

(yeah if you didn't say that it won't always be functional here even if it was on officials, I'd blast you straight back with saying that it DOES work on officials).
I don't know how coding works, I don't know why that doesn't work - this is a point where I have to put faith in staff, and I can't really argue much with this. Kinda just gonna hope you guys take the time to look into this, as a lot of people seem to be very upset that they 1) have to grind for a +10 in comparison to last year and 2) have to grind SO much that they can't even come to Christmas dinner.

13 minutes ago, AKC said:

People actually can't farm the +10/+11

Given that we have until 4 of January to do the events and we're on the 14 of December, this gives us only 23 days of non stop grinding. Let's rest days 24-25 and 31 of December to 2 of January due to Xmas and new year's eve. This leaves us with 19 days to farm left. Considering the average run gives us 1 shard or 2 per dungeon if we're lucky (not counting the runs with no mats), getting 999 mats would require of roughly, 12 days of continuous farm. If you want another 999 considering the same luck, it would take another 12 days. In total, 24 days to get only two +10/+11, which would be nearly impossible to do unless you can go all 24 days straight and you have 1b to spare. And all of this not counting the mat drop is purely rng, meaning you could get the required mats sooner or in the worst scenario you could even not get 999 to begin with. 

Still think people can farm the +10/+11? With the numbers staff made, I don't know why they even fear of giving it fee tbh. 

I honestly feel the same, if they could at least nerf the material requirements for the +10 scroll. They could possibly make it a separate item to the +11 and require less materials, possibly adjust the ed requirement to 350m? idk.