Lilu

[12/21/18] Update Discussion Thread

Buddy, i've played like 4-5 days since the patch dropped and I've been grinding add dungeon on and off along side doing stuff with friends and other shit. If i can get 140 frost shards from doing 2 minute add dungeon runs from playing this game casually i don't see any issue with the drop rate and its like i said, RNG is RNG. Treat it like void shards you aren't going to get one every run but you are going to get something. There were times i get 1 or 2 and others where i get like 5.

@YatagarasuI feel like the right approach to the drop of the shards would have been to be a 100% droprate with a lets say always 3-5 shards dropping no matter what,with that players could plan out their farming and not hope for the rng to bless them for good drops

If people spent less time complaining about a fair drop rate and more time grinding they would have enough shards for whatever they want omegalul. Be grateful this isn't week 1 of the coffee event. This community cries way too much when they get spoon fed almost everything but when it comes to actual effort they cry when they get a run with 1 drop instead of 20

31 minutes ago, Andromedae said:

@YatagarasuI feel like the right approach to the drop of the shards would have been to be a 100% droprate with a lets say always 3-5 shards dropping no matter what,with that players could plan out their farming and not hope for the rng to bless them for good drops

problem with this approach is that there's no way to guarantee this droprate

at all

without something like a quest at least

you can't really pick out a mob and say "this mob will always drop an event material 100% of the time"

elsword has a very retarded system which is near-impossible to control, which is why you see these wild rate fluctuations to begin with 

you can add guaranteed drops to bosses, but in doing so you essentially destroy their original droplist

so basically 11-4 will no longer drop tears and tickets, 11-5 will no longer drop tears in any meaningful amount, varnymir will stop dropping accessories and mystics, etc 

in the end it's a mixed bag of annoyance for everyone involved, but at least you don't have to leave the dungeon to turn in the quest when you're grinding, etc. 

so yeah it's an adventure.

I mean I ran add fusion for my weapon it took about 300 runs but I get like 500 shards in 2days on the previous patch RNG is a thing some runs I'd get 0 shard and sometimes I would get 9 shards now the droprate in SD was worse than add I can say that but it should be better now.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

problem with this approach is that there's no way to guarantee this droprate

at all

without something like a quest at least

you can't really pick out a mob and say "this mob will always drop an event material 100% of the time"

elsword has a very retarded system which is near-impossible to control, which is why you see these wild rate fluctuations to begin with 

you can add guaranteed drops to bosses, but in doing so you essentially destroy their original droplist

so basically 11-4 will no longer drop tears and tickets, 11-5 will no longer drop tears in any meaningful amount, varnymir will stop dropping accessories and mystics, etc 

in the end it's a mixed bag of annoyance for everyone involved, but at least you don't have to leave the dungeon to turn in the quest when you're grinding, etc. 

so yeah it's an adventure.

apink giving 1 shard would be neat, so you get at least 1 shard guaranteed, i really don't think someone would complain about having to go out and complete the quest lol

3 minutes ago, Neptune said:

apink giving 1 shard would be neat, so you get at least 1 shard guaranteed, i really don't think someone would complain about having to go out and complete the quest lol

yeah, def something to consider for next time 

we'll see how it goes i guess

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

yeah, def something to consider for next time 

we'll see how it goes i guess

In a way, that would be classified as the guaranteed shard for a run. Some people would bitch about "Oh I need to leave the dungeon and back into town to complete the quest blah blah blah" but, for those who aren't already over geared, it is handy to return to town after each dungeon.

Definitely feels like rates decreased instead of increased.  For the first time this entire event, I dropped 0 frost shards from Altera's SD, one of the best places to farm.  In the next couple of runs, I dropped one and two.  Before the rate change, I was dropping 2-5 consistently and very rarely 1.  In terms of Add's Fusion, the rates don't seem too different; the drops are still 0-5 (but you can't expect much from a dungeon with ten enemies).

Just my two cents.

Edit: After several Luto runs (in which we repeat rooms), I'm almost certain rates were dropped instead of raised and we've been gypped.  0 in a few runs, rarely more than 1.

Edited by Scientia
more info

This is a speculation but I feel like they realized how easily people(the rich ones with no life) were able to get 999 shards within a few days after the event got released.

So how void decided to counteract this was, they made the crafting easier but made the drop rate worse. So technically, this feels like we are trying to get 999 shards but its vice versa.

I really hope my theory isn't correct. 

15 minutes ago, VenciSS said:

ye the drop rate is better i get almost 2-6 in bethma SD

You are this on this server..? Better go to inaste back. 

Anyway, it's not better if you look how many ppl are dropping nothing or less then 3 each dng. It's more like RioluChaser said. 

It's a Illusion 

It does seem lower overall although I have had the odd occasion of plenty of shards (5-6) but those are infrequent. I also see they removed getting Frost Shards from Forgotten Elrian Sanctum... thanks(!)

11 minutes ago, Betrayus said:

It does seem lower overall although I have had the odd occasion of plenty of shards (5-6) but those are infrequent. I also see they removed getting Frost Shards from Forgotten Elrian Sanctum... thanks(!)

They never dropped there to begin with.

43 minutes ago, Archangel said:

They never dropped there to begin with.

They did, I remember getting some during a few runs through there during the story missions.