Dream

Event Voting Cube Rewards Discussion

haha I'm awake for this end me please
also i got sniped by my guildie, idk if this can stay up

With our latest event (which, by the way, is finally original again), we have 3 teams. Whichever team wins gets to pick from the following server-wide rewards:

4 of these:

Spoiler

1 - All Secret Dungeons Opened
2 - Doubled Secret Dungeon Drops
3 - Doubled Heroic Dungeon Drops
4 - Double Title Count
5 - Double Energy Fusion Drops
6 - 100% Random Mission Chance
7 - 800% Base EXP
8 - +50% All Profession EXP
9 - No Ticket Elrianode Dungeons
10 - No Ticket Heroic Dungeons

and 2 of these:

Spoiler

1 - Enhancement Pack
15 Cobo Fluorites
5 El Hammer cubes

2 - Guild Pack
* This applies once per guild!

2,500 guild coins to all participating guilds

3 - Beginner Gear Pack
x4 Magic Amulet Lv.9
x3 Force Manual books

4 - Consumable Pack
50% chance for x7 Fossil Potions
50% chance for x7 Red-Bean Sherbets
50% chance for x15 Hidden Emergency Foods

5 - Socket Pack
x100 untradable Sage Stones
x100 untradable Twisted Sage Stones
x25 Red/Blue/Yellow Shining Mystic Stones
x5 Giant Shining Mystic Stones

Because our community is not known for making rational choices, I figured I'd open a discussion on what rewards are the most beneficial for everyone. This won't be a poll, and I definitely won't take it upon myself to force the winning team to pick these, but I'd like at least to be able for people to consider their choices. I'll leave my personal opinion here, but you're absolutely free to disagree with it.

Starting with the global server buffs:

All SDs Opened
Not the worst thing out there. I'd argue, however, that there's more to do all day than run SDs. Even if I'm a mad fan of Altera SD, that thing opens ~2 times a week and if it's not open, you can really just run something else.

Doubled Secret Dungeon Drops
Double Barrier Fragments and Double trashy SD cubes that I can't discard. If you feel yourself at a shortage of Barrier Fragments and feel like that justifies wasting any better option on this list, please, by all means, let me know and I'll fund you 10 stacks.

Doubled Heroic Dungeon Drops
Who does Heroics anymore-
No, I see the appeal here, but as soon as you have your weapon (which, by the way, you get for free along with a +9 for it from quests), you can already start on cheap Elrianode Gear. There's a reason Heroics are dead.

Double Title Count
Oh boy. Now this is something. If you're after good titles like Pierce the Heavens - definitely a good thing to have. However, consider that this will apply to everyone in the server and MOST people don't title farm. Having the Guardian of Secret Closed Space Title is like a mini Double Title Count buff, and I'd much rather get one of those if I do title grind at any point. So, good in theory, but not applicable for most of the server.

Double Energy Fusion Drops
I'll keep my mouth shut on how many Void weapons I have already farmed. Truth be told, I know how hard it can be for new people to get this weapon. However, as much as people will hate me for this, just work hard. This is still RNG. A 0.1% chance doubled is still only 0.2%. You're only more motivated to farm because of the double count, hence more people getting the weapon. There's not much else to this.

100% Random Mission Chances
No matter at what stage of the game you're at, these help. If you're leveling - great. If you're ERP farming - even better. Everyone benefits from this, as long as you aren't hardstuck in PvP. In which case, please get some help, we miss you.

800% Base EXP
I want you to sit down and ask yourself how much 800% is. The highest profession medal we ever had was 300%. The 3 most efficient EXP accessories are also 300% combined. The most expensive potion we had is also 300%. The rest of EXP modifiers (costumes, sockets etc) are all less than 100%. Meaning, this base EXP alone is very close to as much as you can get with pretty much every EXP modifier combined. Nothing, and I guarantee you, nothing is better than this buff. It applies to everyone, it's mind-numbingly high and I'll advocate the shit out of it because it needs to happen.

+50% All Profession EXP
We didn't have this buff in a long time. I don't think it's bad, I actually quite like the idea of it, it's just not super good. Alchemists are very very easy to get to Lv10 (and unless you want it for sockets, just ask free Alchemists for their services if you can't afford to make one), and Treasure Hunters require ~4-5 days of straight Altera SD spam (confirmed by yours truly) to reach Lv10. Blacksmiths definitely want this, but with the prices for Materials right now, I'm a bit unsure if this will happen.

No Ticket Elrianode Dungeons
This means free 11-3 and free 11-6. Do you want to grind for Guardian of Elrianode/Pierce the Heavens/the chance of getting Purple Elite Destruction Tears? Then this is great. Do you want to do literally anything else? Then this is not so great. It's a good buff, it's just a bit limited in its application, just like the title count one.

No Ticket Heroic Dungeons
Remember when Heroic tickets were free? I do. Same argument as earlier, though, Heroics are not nearly spammed enough to justify this. Just ask your friendly neighbourhood GM or any other normal person that doesn't spam Heroics and hoards the invites to give you some if you ever run out.

That concludes the buff list for the server buffs. As we can choose 4, here's my personal picks:
+800% EXP, 100% Random Missions, Double Title Count, All SDs Opened
The last 2 are really whatever to me, Profession EXP also sounds okay and so does the No Ticket Elrianode Dungeon one. I'm only here for EXP.

Onto the Reward Voting Cube! This time, we may only choose two:

Enhancement Pack (5 Tries to Enhance)
So, 5 tries. For some, 5 tries is enough. For most, it is not. 15 Fluos is approx. 100m + free hammers if you just use the El Anvil 10 times.
That's... not a lot. Sorry. It's just not. I get people want a higher enhancement, but this is hardly anything.

Guild Pack (2,500 Coins)
Just because I have a guild doesn't mean I'll advocate for this, really. It's mainly because the rest is also garbage.
2,500 coins is a lot. Don't get me wrong. It really is. But it only benefits people with a guild / unless you're the GM/staff or have benefit from their buffs daily, you'll feel like this is a waste. It's not, but you guys go for individual profit, and this may not feel like one as much as it really could be. That said, these buffs are provided for you, on command, and benefit everyone. Swallow your egoistical pride and go for something that benefits you and your friends - or just sell out to a guild, if you prefer it.
Your GM will lick your feet for this. Or kiss your ass. Or both.

Beginner Gear Pack (x4 +9 Ammy, 3 Mod Books)
Okay, so. Mod books? Great. You get a free one from a quest, and you can technically make 2 chars and send over the other skill you don't pick, but there's still more Mod Skills you can't get unless you buy the dropped Mod Book. That being said, I have 5 of those laying around and if they came sealed, these books would be worth like 20m. It may seem harsh, but if you really need 3!! mods and none of them are in your free book, just get one for 60m and be done with it.
Why do I not mention the +9 ammies? Cause they're garbage. You can brute force +8s at NPCs, and you can do the same with +9s. Patience and Enhancement stones is all you need, and trust me, since we have another "hurr durr +9/+10/+11 but everything in there is just +9 haha gottem" cube, +9 prices will drop harder than my grades.
tl;dr don't, not worth.
Edit: +9 and Mod Book prices already plummeted hard. If you were farming the event, you should have +9s by now, same with Mod Books.
Trust me when I say you really don't need this.

Consumable Pack (A few consumables)
No.
You have enough consumables. I made a whole guide around it.
Just no.

Socket Pack (100x Sages + Twisted Sages, 25x Shining Mystic Stones, x5 Giant Shining Mystic Stones)
The first and only absolutely viable one. 200 Sages, even if they were only 1.5m each, are 300m.
25 Shining Mystics, assuming they are around 7m each (depends on color), 175m.
5 Giants, which are ~90m, 450m.
That is nearly one BILLION ED for free depending on the color of Mystic Stone you get.
Big fat yes.

Since we may choose two, here's my picks:
Socket Pack & Guild Pack
If it wasn't so garbage and I wasn't a broke GM, I'd probably go for the Enhancement Pack, since even though it's little, it's at least worth something.

Aaand that concludes them all.
I hope this shed some light on the rewards we can get and nobody blindly votes for 15 consumables, because please don't.
Feel free to discuss and nitpick below.

you guys are both silly but both created great threads. 

I hope this doesnt close anytime soon tbh. Its a good suggestion~ Id get kenny to steal it and add it to his main thread tbh if this gets locked.

Great suggestions. 1000000% Agree. Ily dear xoxo

1 minute ago, Marisia said:

Id get kenny to steal it and add it to his main thread tbh if this gets locked.

YES.

Also,

12 minutes ago, Dream said:

as long as you aren't hardstuck in PvP. In which case, please get some help, we miss you.

I CAN SMELL THIS REFERENCE TOWARDS ME BINA.

Guild coins won't be winning anything this time around. Sockets are mandatory and I want newbies to have a chance so I'm advocating beginner pack. 

Just now, Hail said:

Guild coins won't be winning anything this time around. Sockets are mandatory and I want newbies to have a chance so I'm advocating beginner pack. 

Newbies always had a chance, unless ur referring to the 2 extra mod books that most of them won't need.
+9s are slowly becoming the new +8s, especially with the +9+10+11 cube they're pulling on us again.
If this was a more newbie-friendly pack (Say, 5 +9s so you can cover your weapon as well, Wedges, a few sages and perhaps free Energy Shards) I'd be more inclined to believe it, but as things stand, there's just too little reward in this one in comparison to the Mystic stones one.
Not like any other pack is much better, that one just sits at the very top.

3 minutes ago, Dream said:

Newbies always had a chance, unless ur referring to the 2 extra mod books that most of them won't need.
+9s are slowly becoming the new +8s, especially with the +9+10+11 cube they're pulling on us again.
If this was a more newbie-friendly pack (Say, 5 +9s so you can cover your weapon as well, Wedges, a few sages and perhaps free Energy Shards) I'd be more inclined to believe it, but as things stand, there's just too little reward in this one in comparison to the Mystic stones one.
Not like any other pack is much better, that one just sits at the very top.

4 scrolls means you can just neglect shoes. I always see new players and f2p players struggle for +9s. +9 becoming +8 is fine. The goal is for everyone to hit the bare minimum so they aren't in the same situation as the +7 aras who attempted perkisas years ago. 

Just now, Hail said:

4 scrolls means you can just neglect shoes. I always see new players and f2p players struggle for +9s. +9 becoming +8 is fine. The goal is for everyone to hit the bare minimum so they aren't in the same situation as the +7 aras who attempted perkisas years agoo. 

you prob misunderstood
+9 is the new +8 not for how needed it is (back then +9 was a big deal), but for how easy it is to acquire. If new/f2p players are struggling, let them know they can just get it via NPCs for basically free. There's no need to struggle with prices if you're patient, and no need to struggle with patience if prices are so low due to the event cube.

Just now, Spinna_Punxantte said:

Maybe I'm dumb for enchanting but my elrianode needs +9

wont beginner cube do that too?

2 minutes ago, Dream said:

you prob misunderstood
+9 is the new +8 not for how needed it is (back then +9 was a big deal), but for how easy it is to acquire. If new/f2p players are struggling, let them know they can just get it via NPCs for basically free. There's no need to struggle with prices if you're patient, and no need to struggle with patience if prices are so low due to the event cube.

and how shall they be patient and generate the necessary ed to purchase these relatively cheap +9s when they're dirt poor +7s that need a carry just to finish an SD fast? They aren't you. They don't have years of experience. Their knowledge of the game is wanting and they're stressed out. They may even be from a country with low-value currency so they can't even afford to load up once. Yes, that happens. Try living in Trinidad. 

6 minutes ago, Hail said:

and how shall they be patient and generate the necessary ed to purchase these relatively cheap +9s when they're dirt poor +7s that need a carry just to finish an SD fast? They aren't you. They don't have years of experience. Their knowledge of the game is wanting and they're stressed out. They may even be from a country with low-value currency so they can't even afford to load up once. Yes, that happens. Try living in Trinidad. 

Thanx for this. I can't say it better. 

4 minutes ago, Hail said:

If they don't have experience, just tell them how to enhance 4head
I and many others can easily carry all of those supposed newbies you're talking about until they hit 50m, which should be enough to brute force the +9, and I'm sure you can too (you get a free one for a heroic weapon quest anyway). Hell, you can make more than that from Story quests alone, which are literally designed to not need endgame gear. You don't need years of experience to get 50m.
If you're incapable of making ED on this server, you should consider playing another game or take up a different hobby, like gardening.

1 minute ago, Dream said:

If they don't have experience, just tell them how to enhance 4head
I and many others can easily carry all of those supposed newbies you're talking about until they hit 50m, which should be enough to brute force the +9, and I'm sure you can too (you get a free one for a heroic weapon quest anyway). Hell, you can make more than that from Story quests alone, which are literally designed to not need endgame gear. You don't need years of experience to get 50m.
If you're incapable of making ED on this server, you should consider playing another game or take up a different hobby, like gardening.

That's under the assumption that we can locate this demographic in particular and tell them that ourselves. In Fateful we're still telling new recruits about elrianode gear and raids. Information doesn't travel across voidels well and new people don't feel heavily inclined to search elwiki for information. We can't just recruit and carry every single person in need. We have inactivity policies and we sleep. Many variables take hold that stifle new players. That's why elsword's community is so slow to grow. 

1 minute ago, Hail said:

That's under the assumption that we can locate this demographic in particular and tell them that ourselves. In Fateful we're still telling new recruits about elrianode gear and raids. Information doesn't travel across voidels well and new people don't feel heavily inclined to search elwiki for information. We can't just recruit and carry every single person in need. We have inactivity policies and we sleep. Many variables take hold that stifle new players. That's why elsword's community is so slow to grow. 

You can't help everyone, but only people who ask for help and listen to those more experienced than them will get far in life.
You shouldn't be tending to an audience that isolates themselves from help even if they are new and would need it, especially in exchange for something that would benefit everyone else more. They will find out eventually, let them get there before feeding them the false information that +9 ammys are a requirement to get +9.
I get wanting to help new people, and if the cube was a bit better I'd advocate for it, but with both the event cubes and the option to brute force it, +9s are of little to no value in comparison to other things. That said, most rewards are below average, so I couldn't care less what we get aside from the Mystics.

2 hours ago, Dream said:

Beginner Gear Pack (x4 +9 Ammy, 3 Mod Books)
Okay, so. Mod books? Great. You get a free one from a quest, and you can technically make 2 chars and send over the other skill you don't pick, but there's still more Mod Skills you can't get unless you buy the dropped Mod Book. That being said, I have 5 of those laying around and if they came sealed, these books would be worth like 20m. It may seem harsh, but if you really need 3!! mods and none of them are in your free book, just get one for 60m and be done with it.
Why do I not mention the +9 ammies? Cause they're garbage. You can brute force +8s at NPCs, and you can do the same with +9s. Patience and Enhancement stones is all you need, and trust me, since we have another "hurr durr +9/+10/+11 but everything in there is just +9 haha gottem" cube, +9 prices will drop harder than my grades.
tl;dr don't, not worth.

Gonna have to stop you right there friend. Brute forcing +9 amulets is impossible unless you got nice RNG especially at NPCs. I find this option the best out of them all because it helps undergeared newbies and it can also help gear up alts if you dont have any ed left.Not everyone has a +10 and spending 60 mil for a mod book is... eh...

I for one have never been able to brute force a +9 even with fluorites and el hammers,

Ill advocate for this option anyways, a boost for new people and a helping hand for people which want to gear up alts.

1 minute ago, Sauce said:

Gonna have to stop you right there friend. Brute forcing +9 amulets is impossible unless you got nice RNG especially at NPCs. I find this option the best out of them all because it helps undergeared newbies and it can also help gear up alts if you dont have any ed left.Not everyone has a +10 and spending 60 mil for a mod book is... eh...

I for one have never been able to brute force a +9 even with fluorites and el hammers,

Ill advocate for this option anyways, a boost for new people and a helping hand for people which want to gear up alts.

A few guildies of mine have already done it, I personally didn't try. 
Either way, with this event we'll get boatloads of +9s again, so their prices are dropping anyway. Like I previously said, I could not care less about the 2nd option as long as the Mystic Stones are in the rewards we end up getting, I just find this a bit "little" for calling it a Beginner's Cube.
Like, what do I want to do with 3 mod books.

I will also vote for Beginner Pack and Socket Pack. Not all can afford to have +9s especially rn, +9 amulets are expensive. (months ago it was around 70-80m)

I personally disagree about the Add's fusion drop. I'm still fairly new to the community and I'm still far behind, I don't have one character appropriately geared, NOT EVEN close. I've ran over 1,000 Add dungeon runs and I still haven't gotten a drop, I'd like it to be increased even if it's by 0.2%