akurei666

just some ideas part 2

should we? can we?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. an orderly treasure chest rotation

• yes, but actually no
    • what does a double negative imply?
    • maaaaaaybe?

ok, maybe i don't understand the players' dissonant thoughts since my previous idea didn't get a merit...

so here's another idea i got but on treasure chests

how about treasure chest specific rotations?

like, on the first week of the month, we get nothing but consumables in treasure chests

and on the second week we get only costumes.

on the 3rd, we get upgrade items, with +11 as the rarest drop and mithrils for the common drop and and some cubed el hammers for medium chance drops. 

and on the last week we get pets or ...umm what did i miss?

anyway, once again like before, i don't care if this gets implemented, just that it adds a bit of orderly rng. rather than not knowing what you'll get... 

we wont be adding ib and fossil stuffs in there of course...

if you got some ideas to add present them...

nice idea but just my opinion...but if we have specific rotation..people would only burn for specific rotation..i know for sure people would only burn for the 3rd one and not first  and maybe sometimes second..drop of the 3rd rotation will overflow while the costume from 2nd rot will be rare and if every week is different then it would add more work to the staff because they have to change it every week because previously we re-rotate it once in 3 months and it include everything

20 hours ago, Rika said:

nice idea but just my opinion...but if we have specific rotation..people would only burn for specific rotation..i know for sure people would only burn for the 3rd one and not first  and maybe sometimes second..drop of the 3rd rotation will overflow while the costume from 2nd rot will be rare and if every week is different then it would add more work to the staff because they have to change it every week because previously we re-rotate it once in 3 months and it include everything

awesome, but considering that most of void costumes with godly stats have crappy designs i think selling good looking costumes for wardrobe purposes will prevent your problem with the second one, haha, i myself am decked with a shitty look, never actually used wardrobe, im just in it for the stats, how does wardrobe work anyway, some of the stuff seem to be missing..........

wait, i forgot, it doesn't actually have to be in this order. like, if there is a new laby costume, the void staff could switch the first week treasure chest with a costume rotation. or if there is an event like valentines, valentine chocolates would be available in the consumables treasure chest on the second week... its completely interchangable... so yeah, watch out for the rotations as they may contain a surprise, 

making it easier to target specific rewards from the ed burner would only serve to devalue those rewards quicker and drive the ed burner into irrelevance sooner

also, when you make the poll responses excessively confusing, it discourages people from voting. you should consider making the options clear so that people can properly respond to your ideas.

Treasure Chest already rotates every three months. Besides, ice burner rotation isn't even at the first of every month, so it doesn't really matter if TC has a set date or not, and an ED sink only acts as an ED sink if stuff people want catches people off guard.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, BowsetteJr said:

no, just no

And everything that is holy, make your poll something that a normal human can read and understand

lol wut? come on man, live a little, just laugh it off, besides nobody who's sane still play elsword, heck, i don't think anybody who is in the internet is still normal... 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:54 AM, KakyoinNoriaki said:

Fuck rng.

it can burn in hell.

The game elsword needs to take notes from Vanilla WoW

aye, this is about the only thing that destroys the playerbase, rng with no clear rewards, at least in good mmorpgs, you can plan ahead, here you have to watch out,

a long time ago, this was a side scrolling combo fighting style, what made it famous was because its very much like the megaman/rockman series. now its a sweeping style gameplay, all your efforts on building a character based on combos is now completely gone. i fear the day kog changes it again and we get a game with the same name but completely different gameplay.

55 minutes ago, akurei666 said:

lol wut? come on man, live a little, just laugh it off, besides nobody who's sane still play elsword, heck, i don't think anybody who is in the internet is still normal... 

if you actually wanted your suggestion to go through youd make it as easy as possible for readers to provide feedback

setting the answers to [TACO MONKEYS!!] and [XD -HOLDS UP SPORK-] just tells people that you dont care enough about what youre advocating to take it seriously

theres a reason youve only got 8 or 9 votes after nearly a full 24h

56 minutes ago, akurei666 said:

aye, this is about the only thing that destroys the playerbase, rng with no clear rewards, at least in good mmorpgs, you can plan ahead, here you have to watch out,

yeah, im sure the terrible repetitive content with poor class balance and a huge time investment floor for productive gameplay isnt the problem

clearly its the fact that we cant get IBs easier

yeah your poll is confusing for no reason..

this is also a bad idea. there is a reason why consumables, etc are in there.. RNG is RNG. youre not suppose to get the reward you want every time, just at the very least always something that can be used

3.5mil per costume piece would devalue the entire set so hard, most definitely never happening & makes no sense

sure miths would go lower, but like..just no..

and last would be pets & mounts, would devalue mounts & pets even more so

On 5/8/2019 at 5:23 AM, Scarose said:

yeah your poll is confusing for no reason..

this is also a bad idea. there is a reason why consumables, etc are in there.. RNG is RNG. youre not suppose to get the reward you want every time, just at the very least always something that can be used

3.5mil per costume piece would devalue the entire set so hard, most definitely never happening & makes no sense

sure miths would go lower, but like..just no..

and last would be pets & mounts, would devalue mounts & pets even more so

yeah i know, this post was made half-jokingly, half-seriously... just that, this rng is badly done, not void's, but all of elsword's rng, especially the ice burners. you spend money and not get what you need, people realize this and after spending a few spare cash, they quit, only 5 years and *shlonk!* elsword's playerbse dropped like a rock in a lake. people know they are being taken advantage of and decided to just quit. 

luckily, we have ed burners/treasure chest here in void and somehow you just need to grind a few dungeons and you have enough cash to use the treasure chest a few times. but still, it's too chaotic, my consumables inventory is always going full due to unwanted drops from treasure chests. and yeah, after that i thought of this idea,

go for it if you have an idea to improve void els rng, say it here, hopefully someone will notice it...

yeah i know, this post was made half-jokingly, half-seriously...

I would say to be uh...serious when you're making suggestions.

luckily, we have ed burners/treasure chest here in void and somehow you just need to grind a few dungeons and you have enough cash to use the treasure chest a few times. but still, it's too chaotic, my consumables inventory is always going full due to unwanted drops from treasure chests. and yeah, after that i thought of this idea,

The main purpose of the ED burners is to well...burn your ED, they aren't meant for you if you're broke. It's made in a way that will motivate people to spend of millions of ED at once in order to get an attractive item. For the consumables, sell the tradable ones on board, for those that aren't , you can transfer them to alts through bankshare (If you have alts),If they are not, sell them to an NPC or just discard them.

I personally like RNG, it's boring when you can kinda expect what to get

I think this suggestion sort of defeat the whole purpose of the ED burner I feel that it was for.

All in all,I would say no because

1.  Too much work for the staff
  2. Would reduce the worth of costumes,IBs,Pets and mounts or whatever is in rotation
  3. Because the item categories all have different amount of things, it would be sort of unfair for each week (For example, costume category has less stuff than misc, so during the week that it only rotates costumes, it would result in too much costumes being burned)
  4. If people burned during a specific week (For example,only burning during costume week), it will result in other stuff getting ignored or less burned. For players that are too broke for ED burners (Like me) or are trying to avoid the RNG game, I tend to go on the board to try to buy the stuff I'm looking for (Usually pet food or acessories, or Void light cube,The most relevant to this thread would be the battle elixir which I tend to try to buy). Hence resulting in smaller things like misc or consumables being harder to find or more expensive.

If we go through week by week...

Following what you suggested, this would be what is included in the ED burners every week (Following the current ED burner list)

Assuming that Misc and Accessories are going to be available at all times...

1st week: Consumables (Total no of items : 19)

Spoiler

Recovery Potion,Soft Ice Cream ,Vitality Potion ,Blue Bull ,Hard-boiled Egg ,First Class Mana Elixir,Fossil Potion,Coexistence Cake,Beer,Battle Elixir,Tearful Throwing Chocolate,Bingsu Dessert,Halloween Sweet Basket,Elympics Sports Drink,Dumpling,Meat Dumpling,Vegetable Dumpling ,Special-made Dumpling

2nd week: Costumes/Customisation (Total no of items:5) (Did not include IBs cause stated by OP)

Spoiler

1 costume cube , 2nd costume cube, 3rd costume cube, 1 one-piece , one customisation

3rd week: Upgrade items, Craft materials (Total no of items: 14)

Spoiler

Magic Amulet Lv.7,Magic Amulet Lv.8,Magic Amulet Lv.9,Magic Amulet Lv.10,Magic Amulet Lv.11

Magic Stones of the Wise ,Warped Magic Stones of the Wise,Blessed Time and Space Scroll,Unappraised Ore,Resonant Magic Stone,Mana Magic Stone,Impact Magic Stone

Adding in your Mithril and El hammers

4th week: Pets and Mounts (Total no of items:4)

Spoiler

White Pumpkin Rabbit Pet ,Guardian Wolf Jr. Pet,Summon Stone: Gold Falcon,Summon Stone: Drakion

For some weeks, it would be really unfair since there are more items available compared to others.

22 hours ago, Celery said:

I would say to be uh...serious when you're making suggestions.

The main purpose of the ED burners is to well...burn your ED, they aren't meant for you if you're broke. It's made in a way that will motivate people to spend of millions of ED at once in order to get an attractive item. For the consumables, sell the tradable ones on board, for those that aren't , you can transfer them to alts through bankshare (If you have alts),If they are not, sell them to an NPC or just discard them.

I personally like RNG, it's boring when you can kinda expect what to get

I think this suggestion sort of defeat the whole purpose of the ED burner I feel that it was for.

All in all,I would say no because

1.  Too much work for the staff
  2. Would reduce the worth of costumes,IBs,Pets and mounts or whatever is in rotation
  3. Because the item categories all have different amount of things, it would be sort of unfair for each week (For example, costume category has less stuff than misc, so during the week that it only rotates costumes, it would result in too much costumes being burned)
  4. If people burned during a specific week (For example,only burning during costume week), it will result in other stuff getting ignored or less burned. For players that are too broke for ED burners (Like me) or are trying to avoid the RNG game, I tend to go on the board to try to buy the stuff I'm looking for (Usually pet food or acessories, or Void light cube,The most relevant to this thread would be the battle elixir which I tend to try to buy). Hence resulting in smaller things like misc or consumables being harder to find or more expensive.

If we go through week by week...

Following what you suggested, this would be what is included in the ED burners every week (Following the current ED burner list)

Assuming that Misc and Accessories are going to be available at all times...

1st week: Consumables (Total no of items : 19)

Reveal hidden contents

Recovery Potion,Soft Ice Cream ,Vitality Potion ,Blue Bull ,Hard-boiled Egg ,First Class Mana Elixir,Fossil Potion,Coexistence Cake,Beer,Battle Elixir,Tearful Throwing Chocolate,Bingsu Dessert,Halloween Sweet Basket,Elympics Sports Drink,Dumpling,Meat Dumpling,Vegetable Dumpling ,Special-made Dumpling

2nd week: Costumes/Customisation (Total no of items:5) (Did not include IBs cause stated by OP)

Reveal hidden contents

1 costume cube , 2nd costume cube, 3rd costume cube, 1 one-piece , one customisation

3rd week: Upgrade items, Craft materials (Total no of items: 14)

Reveal hidden contents

Magic Amulet Lv.7,Magic Amulet Lv.8,Magic Amulet Lv.9,Magic Amulet Lv.10,Magic Amulet Lv.11

Magic Stones of the Wise ,Warped Magic Stones of the Wise,Blessed Time and Space Scroll,Unappraised Ore,Resonant Magic Stone,Mana Magic Stone,Impact Magic Stone

Adding in your Mithril and El hammers

4th week: Pets and Mounts (Total no of items:4)

Reveal hidden contents

White Pumpkin Rabbit Pet ,Guardian Wolf Jr. Pet,Summon Stone: Gold Falcon,Summon Stone: Drakion

For some weeks, it would be really unfair since there are more items available compared to others.

holy frack! when you put them together, they seem aplenty, but now that you've divided them... dayum... is that really all that's inside the ed burner? so... few... i didn't think there would be so few things in there...

so that's why my drops are almost all consumables! there is almost nothing in there but food... welp, time to open up a restaurant business...

hmmm.... an idea comes to mind but i dunno... like maybe, a choice instead of weekly rotations? like after right clicking the ed burner(for 10m, more or less), you get to choose 4(?) chests. like what they did with the SD cubes, you get to choose what set you want. we get a consumable chest, an accessories chest, an item chest(strangely its possible to drop energy shards/fusion disks here as well as magical crystals and some el fragment powder), a special chest mixing pets and upgrades here, and lastly a costume chest that also randomly drops removal hangers(rare) or skill cut ins... i want a permanent bathrobe... llywd XD... btw, i did this to prevent hassle for the staff anymore, so yeah no more weekly rotations... or maybe not, either way... its good...

5 hours ago, akurei666 said:

yeah i know, this post was made half-jokingly, half-seriously... just that, this rng is badly done, not void's, but all of elsword's rng, especially the ice burners. you spend money and not get what you need, people realize this and after spending a few spare cash, they quit, only 5 years and *shlonk!* elsword's playerbse dropped like a rock in a lake. people know they are being taken advantage of and decided to just quit. 

go for it if you have an idea to improve void els rng, say it here, hopefully someone will notice it...

consumables is going to be the bulk of your drops, because it's not suppose to always be good every time. i'd prefer consumables instead, because official KoG has useless NPC summon cards and old boss accessory cubes in ice burner..

youre SUPPOSED to mostly get trash, thats how the regulation works. and at least consumables are useful

you can't separate the good rewards from the bad rewards, thats not how these rng cubes work

and yeah, suggestions isnt a place to joke, take joke threads to spam thread or random if its worthy of a discussion

itd make everything devalued because the rarer drops that are supposed to stay rare become common, see?