draco123

a suggestion for the void staff

do you want this suggestion?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. do you want this suggestion?

• yes
    • no
    • neutral

this is something i've been thinking about for a while, but i feel that now would be a good time to bring this up after what happened in KR elsword.

i would like the staff to consider having more communication with the void community. i suggest that the staff hosts a monthly thread where they answer any questions the players have, address any concerns they have, stuff like that. there should be responses from GMs and up, not from mods unless they have an answer that isn't just "we don't know at this time". of course, the staff reserves the right to not answer questions if they don't want to.

the reason i want this isn't only because to let the players know more about what goes on with the staff but also to let the staff know more about what the players want. i'm aware that not all the staff has the time to really play the game all that extensively, so discussing things with the players could give the staff a direction of where to go in the future.

So much +1.
Watch it get ignored for days, make an uproar for a few hours, have a mod try to defuse it but be unable to answer anything without going "sorry I'm not big staff so idk" and eventually die out because higher staff doesn't actually want to respond/do this.

I remember the day when we were able to deside what items etc would be in a summer event :Amatsuki_NotAmused:

And that's almost 2 years ago.. 

But yea this would be cool cuz more communication is better then this shit what KoG did

Meh, not really optimistic about it but I'm gonna put a +1 anyway cuz this can only be a positive change for us

More communication is always nice, but there have been a few attempts from the community to achieve that. It just caused an uproar for a few days, the staff eventually replied, saying they'll try to do better, whether they did or not, I don't know because I'm not that active. I don't see the staff other than forum mods too much, so I assume it didn't really work out.

Still, +1.

+1 I am your draco123 idea right now the void staff must listen to the community, instead of doing like KOG which ignores and does what it likes.
The Void server could become a better server in the future than the officers if the staff listened to the community and what they wanted, but it would be great at the levels made, I think they have lost the desire to pull up this server for several years.

+1 all the way

Other PSs like Code: Closers have an own dedicated Discord channel where higher staff gathers questions and answer them periodically. Something Void should replicate, more communication is never a bad idea, especially after such a demonstration on what happens in the opposite situation.

+1 I guess

Also would enjoy if there would be more staff members working on the game so they can actually do some suggestion without delaying future content.

+1

I want to know the people who even voted no, I see no drawback from this whatsoever. Maybe the only one really is a single day delay for big updates?

Just now, #addtrash said:

remember the good ol days when we had a transparency thread?

and that it's dead right now

no?

okay

You mean the thing the higher ups posted maybe about 20 times in it's over 250 replies, meaning it was a dead idea before it even died?

1 minute ago, Riricho-Shirakiin said:

You mean the thing the higher ups posted maybe about 20 times in it's over 250 replies, meaning it was a dead idea before it even died?

#they tried

i remember when we were all so hopeful back then

mmm good ol days

@ op not to spit on the discussion or anything but sure it sounds nice

them following through is another thing, however

This is about as likely as me coming back to the Void Discord server.

Of course, the thought really does make me smile. I'd love to finally have some balance and equality in the game. It'd be nice. Especially if it was done by way of the community working together with the staff. 

That's not their job, however. They just give us the latest version with added bonuses so we don't have to bother with the bull on the official servers. I doubt that they will go that far when everyone seems to be content with things as they are.

+1 tho?

#Suggestion Declined

The idea itself is great. However, we tried transparency in the past and it did not work due to the same questions always being repeated that we simply cannot answer.
We're not like official publishers that have a roadmap, our updates are often fast moving.
If you want specific things answered, separate threads or pm's are best.