Sign in to follow this  
udinbudin

Best way to get your fingers used to repetitive/rapid clicking&movements?

Hey,what's up epic gamers? Hope you're having a great day.

So i have just recently come back into the game after not playing in such a long time,i am new to the server and i am starting with Raven as i did back when i played in 2015.

I am currently trying to practice Raven's combos and general movements and the hardest challenge i'm facing right now is trying not to get my hands and arms sore and ache from so much clicking,i'm currently only able to practice for 30 minutes before my arms and hands start aching and getting sore. I know Raven isn't the only class that requires repetitive/rapid clicking&movements for flashy combos,I think if not most,all classes need to do it. I'm making this post because i want to know how you guys get used to it,what your routine,how long you practice for,how you get your body used to it,do you stretch and rest after a few minutes and how long it took you to get used to it until finally your arms and hands doesn't sore and ache anymore.  

Any tips&tricks is appreciated!!

That's all,thanks for stopping by!

Here is this image to end my post.

53759584_2324254677897914_142422099417466742_n.jpg.2de5b35be2e12f589f81d2d53baa5fe2.jpg

My general advice to you is that you shouldn't force yourself too much. Your body will get used to it eventually, if you do happen to have sore hands/arms take a break and do something else. I can't really remember for myself since it was a long time ago. Osu game for example has a big influence in any game I play that requires fast movement and focus. And yes it is important to stretch after siting in a chair without any other body movement since you can get numb and back pain and you don't want that! I know some people use mechanical keyboard for gaming since it doesn't require much pressure to press the button and you can do the combo faster. It's louder than the usual keyboard but that one is made for games that require speed typing since you won't really achieve that with regular keyboard. And do not forget to stay hydrated and take care of your well being and of course be physically active! I wish you good luck and happy gaming!

:Coco_Bird_17:

Since KOG has been improving the movement, cancel points and stuffs for smoother combo, it won't take you so long to optimize your way to play Raven again.

But I have to point out that:

1. PVP is no longer a place for skillful players, but GEARED players instead. I did some PVP with Metamorphy [3rd job of Dimension Witch] (which is extremely dead in Void because her commands are either seriously lag sensitive or mana feeding, only ^^Z is usable) and managed to burn 90% of others' HP without KO them, later that bullshit just awakened and oneshot me with 2 skills. If you want to show off your beautiful and flashy combo in PVP, you better give up this idea and play PVE, or just kill Lowes with your decent combo in training room. I don't suggest you to do meaningless and time-wasting stuffs tho.

2. PVE doesn't need flashy combo but 24/7 skill and potion spam, endgame gears are required as well. In endgame dungeons, if the commands of specific classes are recovering huge amount of resources, dealing high damage or attributed with buffs/debuffs, no one would use them, unless you are going to do secret dungeons and heroic dungeons only before you decide to uninstall this game.

3. If you have read point 1 and 2, you will realize that "flashy combo is practically useless nowadays". Therefore, do not waste your time on it, play it casually or just give Els up. The more hope you have, the more despair will you receive.

20 minutes ago, NoblesseFrostings said:

Since KOG has been improving the movement, cancel points and stuffs for smoother combo, it won't take you so long to optimize your way to play Raven again.

But I have to point out that:

1. PVP is no longer a place for skillful players, but GEARED players instead. I did some PVP with Metamorphy [3rd job of Dimension Witch] (which is extremely dead in Void because her commands are either seriously lag sensitive or mana feeding, only ^^Z is usable) and managed to burn 90% of others' HP without KO them, later that bullshit just awakened and oneshot me with 2 skills. If you want to show off your beautiful and flashy combo in PVP, you better give up this idea and play PVE, or just kill Lowes with your decent combo in training room. I don't suggest you to do meaningless and time-wasting stuffs tho.

2. PVE doesn't need flashy combo but 24/7 skill and potion spam, endgame gears are required as well. In endgame dungeons, if the commands of specific classes are recovering huge amount of resources, dealing high damage or attributed with buffs/debuffs, no one would use them, unless you are going to do secret dungeons and heroic dungeons only before you decide to uninstall this game.

3. If you have read point 1 and 2, you will realize that "flashy combo is practically useless nowadays". Therefore, do not waste your time on it, play it casually or just give Els up. The more hope you have, the more despair will you receive.

I mean for most people it really is just to flex and for bragging rights. For me personally,i find it really fun to play with flashy combos,but it's extremely difficult.

1 hour ago, gaemilio said:

you commit to raven, not ur well being

I want to commit to both. More so my well-being.

43 minutes ago, Cheritz said:

My general advice to you is that you shouldn't force yourself too much. Your body will get used to it eventually, if you do happen to have sore hands/arms take a break and do something else. I can't really remember for myself since it was a long time ago. Osu game for example has a big influence in any game I play that requires fast movement and focus. And yes it is important to stretch after siting in a chair without any other body movement since you can get numb and back pain and you don't want that! I know some people use mechanical keyboard for gaming since it doesn't require much pressure to press the button and you can do the combo faster. It's louder than the usual keyboard but that one is made for games that require speed typing since you won't really achieve that with regular keyboard. And do not forget to stay hydrated and take care of your well being and of course be physically active! I wish you good luck and happy gaming!

:Coco_Bird_17:

I actually find it much harder to play with mechanical keyboard since i can't really slide as easily as on a membrane/laptop keyboard,with membrane you can just slide and it registers,you can do it with mechanical too but it's much harder. I used to play with membrane and now I'm playing with mechanical,there were combos that only required sliding and was fairly easily on membrane but requires rapid clicking and accuracy on mechanical,it's tough.

2 minutes ago, udinbudin said:

snip

Yeah it happens with that unfortunately. But like I said you just need to get used to it, I had finger numbness since I was typing too hard-

First of all prioritise your own health and do not overwork yourself

Secondly, I practice through constant rhythm games to help with fast clicking or movement

And well, alternative through all 3 fingers, I know some people who would ignore certain fingers, so make use of all of them in case one gets tired,, you have the others to continue

If you play insturments, try practicing complicated songs with fast tempos and get used to the hand stamina

Carpal tunnel isn't worth getting for a few Raven tricks.

Regardless, you build stamina the same way as with everything else, just keep doing it.

And good luck with your flashy career, makes me sad looking at what pvp has become.

There is buffering in the game, meaning combo attacks will come out the earliest possible frame regardless how fast you tap the button. You don't have to "time" the attacks as pressing Z near the end of the first Z will come out as ZZ combo. There is no need to overexert yourself by mashing the buttons.

Just practice your combos and you will slowly understand the timing.

TBH you do need to mash sometimes but it is not THAT fast mashing that you hand get tired.

If you can press the z/x button 5-7 times per second you will not need to worry about mashing.Now if you have problem and you can only press z 2-3 times per second and you get tired from it then you have a bit of a problem.In that case practice makes perfect.

Now i will give you a small advice when it comes to combos....IGNORE FLASHY COMBOS.You will not get better with your character trying to learn these.Flashy combos are for very experienced raven players that want to make a combo video.Of course flashy combos will never be used in irl matches since there are better combos to do.

Practice zzx loop by doing zzx<<>zzx<<>zzx etc.Afterwards you can learn how to use zzxx^vx x drop combo.

Focus only on those combos and leave everything else for later.

Edit:I checked the the other replies and i will say one thing, pvp IS a place where skill matters.

But the skill aspect is not what combos you do but how you play neutral and decision making.

For starters learn simple combos that you can always use, and then you can experiment on your own.

Skilled players are usually very good at neutral and having more knowledge than others will really help you.

Even in arena classes that ignore defence like FB are never to be underestimated, they cannot tank you no matter how much defence they have.

Even if you use the best class in the game and even if you have the best gears in the game, if you don't know how to play your char you will lose.

I'm used to fast movements due to beat games, personally. 
Guitar Hero, OSU, Hit Machine, the likes. 

After doing that for years and then practicing for so long with Eve, moving to Add was rather easy, though still hard to do. 
Once I got used to him, now it's just muscle memory. It takes time.

I'd like to quickly add that Elsword in nature is quite button mashy, so try to make sure that you take frequent breaks and stretch regularly to prevent Repetitive Strain Injury. There is a video on Youtube where this Starcraft 2 player talks about how he goes about his stretching throughout his long streams, I'd highly suggest giving that a watch. If your wrist and/or forearm starts to hurt, it's a clear indication that you need a break for a while, which may require even a week. (Source: myself)