Dosatron01

[COLLECTIVE THREAD] PvP - Everything tiny bit related to "salt" in any way.

On 15.1.2018 at 11:57 PM, NitoriKappagasm said:

-

You're right in that CEm is pretty dumb in Arena since the summons scale downright untankable unless you're IP or something. She's a lot more manageable in Free Channel sparring which is what people here mostly refer to when talking about characters. In spar she deals less damage overall meaning it is significantly less lethal to hit Eve with summons up and the summons can even help you by feeding you mp and awk (Oberon's rapid slash deals pathetic 12%x8) and you can even hit the summon for same results. Additionally CEm doesn't really have good neutral to contest the tools she enables by giving mp for most of the cast which means after committing resources to a summon she is in a bad spot. She now both lacks mp to contest (summons don't really do anything neutral-wise) and gives the opponent a chance to gain extra resources from the summon.

As an example how bad this is, GA can go from 30mp to 120mp for Wind Blast by activating Hunter's Steadiness and ^X'ing the dumb summons. As the Eve probs has low mp after using a summon there's nothing she can do to stop the GA (CEm lacks aggressive neutral tools for that) from getting a free homing catch.

With LK I can get free vit by grazing summons for mp to Impact Smash them. If the summons are still there, vitality mp turns quickly into Iron Body and after that the game is over because I can just spam dive on the summons for an Arma Blade.

1 hour ago, Nickyan said:

You're right in that CEm is pretty dumb in Arena since the summons scale downright untankable unless you're IP or something. She's a lot more manageable in Free Channel sparring is which what people here mostly refer to when talking about characters. In spar she deals less damage overall meaning it is significantly less lethal to hit Eve with summons up and the summons can even help you by feeding you mp and awk (Oberon's rapid slash deals pathetic 12%x8) and you can even hit the summon for same results. Additionally CEm doesn't really have good neutral to contest the tools she enables by giving mp for most of the cast which means after committing resources to a summon she is in a bad spot. She now both lacks mp to contest (summons don't really do anything neutral-wise) and gives the opponent a chance to gain extra resources from the summon.

As an example how bad this is, GA can go from 30mp to 120mp for Wind Blast by activating Hunter's Steadiness and ^X'ing the dumb summons. As the Eve probs has low mp after using a summon there's nothing she can do to stop the GA (CEm lacks aggressive neutral tools for that) from getting a free homing catch.

With LK I can get free vit by grazing summons for mp to Impact Smash them. If the summons are still there, vitality mp turns quickly into Iron Body and after that the game is over because I can just spam dive on the summons for an Arma Blade.

I see, I don't really have much recent experience in free channel. Pretty much only Arena, as I imagined tiers are a lot different for it. The main issue for arena being that void lets almost everyone have skill rings that give an additional 40%...Even if they're not stacking skill damage that makes it so that what you see in arena is a nightmare. I don't think I can really blame KoG for that either, a +11 CEm with skill rings and other set effects gets the damage similar to that of a +12 or maybe even a 13 (Just in terms of the raw damage). Regardless I just feel like a lot of classes are underrated, and maybe that's a good thing. CBS is cancer obviously, but fighting CEm in arena just makes me feel hopeless when I'm the one attacking her yet it feels like I'm getting hit by CRa's old pre-nerf reflect passive.

5 hours ago, NitoriKappagasm said:

I see, I don't really have much recent experience in free channel. Pretty much only Arena, as I imagined tiers are a lot different for it. The main issue for arena being that void lets almost everyone have skill rings that give an additional 40%...Even if they're not stacking skill damage that makes it so that what you see in arena is a nightmare. I don't think I can really blame KoG for that either, a +11 CEm with skill rings and other set effects gets the damage similar to that of a +12 or maybe even a 13 (Just in terms of the raw damage). Regardless I just feel like a lot of classes are underrated, and maybe that's a good thing. CBS is cancer obviously, but fighting CEm in arena just makes me feel hopeless when I'm the one attacking her yet it feels like I'm getting hit by CRa's old pre-nerf reflect passive.

yes but the rings give the same thing for CBS too, it also increases her MP burn iirc, so its even more cancerous imo, i got hella lot matches where i just got burned my mp to 0 and lost a game without even playing it, and CEM just doesnt skip neutral as CBS, so its way easier to play vs CEM, the dmg is kinda the only thing that changes, but then again u can win with CBS prolly no matter what gear u have..

33 minutes ago, Arancism said:

yes but the rings give the same thing for CBS too, it also increases her MP burn iirc, so its even more cancerous imo, i got hella lot matches where i just got burned my mp to 0 and lost a game without even playing it, and CEM just doesnt skip neutral as CBS, so its way easier to play vs CEM, the dmg is kinda the only thing that changes, but then again u can win with CBS prolly no matter what gear u have..

You're not wrong, honestly it's just that they're both cancer. One atm is more cancer than the other. It doesn't really matter in the end, I'm sure CBS's 3rd job will be just as fun to fight against... <_<

is this the salt thread? thingy?

nvm

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FEELS MUCH BETTER NOW

if you lag and you run on purpose for your HA, go neck yourself

if im level 50 and you're capped and you do that i hope you become a vegetable

18 minutes ago, God said:

if you lag and you run on purpose for your HA, go neck yourself

if im level 50 and you're capped and you do that i hope you become a vegetable

if you're pvping at lvl 50 on void

you're lazier than i am.... 

you get decent weapons at lvl 55  :( that's my minimum

2 minutes ago, Mizu said:

if you're pvping at lvl 50 on void

you're lazier than i am.... 

you get decent weapons at lvl 55  :( that's my minimum

not lazier, it was originally a level 40 character strictly for pvp but im now 53 since i do gain exp from matches

i use spar gear with speed sockets on it so gear doesnt really matter to me, i just enjoy the challenge/fun

and having laggy shits running around the map like freyjas or MMs waiting for HA is not fun at all

1 hour ago, God said:

not lazier, it was originally a level 40 character strictly for pvp but im now 53 since i do gain exp from matches

i use spar gear with speed sockets on it so gear doesnt really matter to me, i just enjoy the challenge/fun

and having laggy shits running around the map like freyjas or MMs waiting for HA is not fun at all

there's also the fact that for most chars, the best utility actives are past lvl 40 as well, meaning you're purposefully gimping yourself for combo potential (both optimal and flash) and if i were you, fun factor (because i find using actives to sustain combos secretes a gratuitous amount of dopamine in my brain).

buuut in the end if you enjoy gimping for the challenge and that gets your dopamine goin then truck on 

18 hours ago, Nickyan said:

The next guy that comes into my spar room with heroic attack speed pants gets the boot.

i feel like attack speed is the least of your worries

i just fought this die that got so mad he lost that he was legit sending me angry messages for like 20 mins

how do people manage to take this shitstorm of a game this seriously

8 hours ago, Neptune said:

i just fought this die that got so mad he lost that he was legit sending me angry messages for like 20 mins

how do people manage to take this shitstorm of a game this seriously

were you replying

Lost to a LP and got called this, didn't even chat back.

qeTtoIA.png

cONqb6h.png

Sir, do you remember what "SERVER" you are playing?

Pretty sure half the server lags....

Not sure he deserve the censor, because I believe he calls everyone this.

Sentry is his alt as well, because he called me a "Worthless cunt"

Edit: ic9UcKf.png

p79EfJR.png

Finally found new words:JhenxRF.png

I don't PvP for fun anymore, it's not really possible with people being over-geared. And the only way for me to match their gear is to shell out $200 and go exclusively PvP-stat oriented build for one character. Even with that I don't have a void weapon and fuck farming one lol.

That's my complaint. Gear ruined pvp. 

2 hours ago, Baxsus said:

This is why lag should be bannable. Way too many lag abusing people in arena, I'd rather fight a hacker in arena than a lag carried person that actually admits to using his lag in his advantage.

http://prntscr.com/ie146q

i think he meant that he was running cuz you are lagging

5 hours ago, Baxsus said:

This is why lag should be bannable. Way too many lag abusing people in arena, I'd rather fight a hacker in arena than a lag carried person that actually admits to using his lag in his advantage.

2 hours ago, Arancism said:

Pretty sure he did lmao

On 2/13/2018 at 10:24 AM, Baxsus said:

Bannable lag in international private server? Loool

On 13. 2. 2018 at 1:01 PM, Arancism said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but i doubt I lag with 20Ping to server.

On 14. 2. 2018 at 12:48 PM, Yameroo said:

Bannable lag in international private server? Loool

It Should be to some extent. I'm not talking about distance lag coz that can be handeled if they have a decent net. Im talking about people with +200Ping Tho who even lag up the whole dungeon in PvE and make the run almost unplayable and then they go to arena with lag like that.

1 hour ago, Baxsus said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but i doubt I lag with 20Ping to server.

It Should be to some extent. I'm not talking about distance lag coz that can be handeled if they have a decent net. Im talking about people with +200Ping Tho who even lag up the whole dungeon in PvE and make the run almost unplayable and then they go to arena with lag like that.

idk havent played alot vs you, since u tend to kick my char and other alts