Lilu

[Official] Void Event Discussion thread

Please keep all discussions, questions, and comments regarding official void events here.
This is to prevent the event threads from being flooded as they are submission threads.

All of the standard forum rules still apply, located [Here]
If you wish to leave a suggestion, please do so [
Here]
All current official events can be found
[Here]

With that said, be sure to stay on topic c:

A reminder to everyone to please stay fair and unbiased while voting; vote for those who you think deserve the win, not because someone asked you to.
Please do not use your friends or create more accounts to generate votes.
We do check who votes for you as well as how many votes you have, and if we suspect you of either of the above it counts as an automatic disqualification in our heads.

Happy voting everyone~

4 hours ago, Sansational said:

Is an anniversary a celebration?

pls help

also

would writing a christmas celbration even work since its not christmas?

screaming.jpg

Answering you in order: yes, no. Celebration of holidays doesn't count. Dx
Thank you for letting me know my examples weren't adequate enough, though; I'll add the holiday exception to the OP.

I know that there is a minimum word count of 400 for the Scribe contest, but...does that mean that there's a maximum?

I mean, what happens if someone writes 500 words and it's great, but then someone else happens to write something just as good, but it's 5000 words...? How would you guys go with picking a winner between the two? Because I can kind of imagine the 5000 word person feeling like tossing you guys off a cliff, if you were to pick the 500 word person o_o

1 minute ago, Minyoung said:

I know that there is a minimum word count of 400 for the Scribe contest, but...does that mean that there's a maximum?

I mean, what happens if someone writes 500 words and it's great, but then someone else happens to write something just as good, but it's 5000 words...? How would you guys go with picking a winner between the two? Because I can kind of imagine the 5000 word person feeling like tossing you guys off a cliff, if you were to pick the 500 word person o_o

There is no maximum limit.

Just because someone writes 500 words and someone writes 5000, doesn't mean we'll pick one over the other due to more words. "Quality over quantity". A story with 500 words could be just as good, or even better, than a story with 5000.

8 minutes ago, Structure said:

There is no maximum limit.

Just because someone writes 500 words and someone writes 5000, doesn't mean we'll pick one over the other due to more words. "Quality over quantity". A story with 500 words could be just as good, or even better, than a story with 5000.

Oh no, I totally get that, but I'm just wondering if it'd make someone feel super crap about themselves, haha. I guess it'll just be one of those, "Well, tough luck" things, aye? But anyways, thanks for answering~ Maybe it's a good thing that there's no limit, so everyone can go super crazy *_*

About scribe contest thing- do we decide whether to write first person pov or third person or is there standard form? I'm probably gonna try to write cuz i need stuff to do.

2 hours ago, мιиα ~ said:

About scribe contest thing- do we decide whether to write first person pov or third person or is there standard form? I'm probably gonna try to write cuz i need stuff to do.

I would assume you can write in any perspective you wish.

Don't quote me on that, though. You'd need Peerliss's confirmation. xD

Just now, Alphys said:

teachmehow2digitalartpls

Well erm.... I drew the picture on paper and then uploaded a pic of it on my laptop, erased the white background, coloured it in paint.net :< ....

5 minutes ago, Alphys said:

TEACHMEHOWTODRAW1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!

First you take a pencil, then you pray to Jesus our Lord and Saviour, and finally you try and perfect the art of drawing a circle. Some never get to that point : ( ... 

1 minute ago, Alphys said:

-oohh-

Alphys, please don't double post. Use the edit feature located at the bottom of your post if you want to change anything or add anything extra.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, мιиα ~ said:

Any perspective you're comfortable writing in is fine with me. Just try not to switch narrators too much if you're going to use first-person.
There's no standard perspective... for now. >:3c

3 hours ago, Bidoofer said:

Can I write about a car accident but then after the recovery there's a proposal, then somewhat like a celebration? qwq DOES THIS EVEN COUNT AS A CELEBRATION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

...how about you just write about the proposal and a subsequent celebration of said proposal.